Brian Blake represents the 19th District, including all of Wahkiakum and Pacific counties, and parts of Cowlitz, Grays Harbor and Lewis counties.
Brian was a logger for ten years before he became an environmental specialist for the Department of Corrections. He is a current member of the Coastal Harvest board, a food-bank distribution center, and is on the board of the Lower Columbia Community Action Program.
His legislative priorities are family wage jobs, education, and sound agriculture and natural resources policy.
Resident of Aberdeen. Married to Debra Thomas-Blake.
Aberdeen High School
A. S. Forestry, Grays Harbor C.C.
B. S. Environmental Studies, TESC
10 years logging, Contract Forester for Weyerhaeuser Co.
3 years Environmental Specialist III, Dept. of Corrections
COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS & ORGANIZATIONS
- State House Chair of Rural Development, Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee
- Member of House Commerce and Gaming Committee
- Member of House Consumer Protection and Business Committee
- Pacific Fisheries Legislative Task Force
- Legislative Council on River Governance
- Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission
- William D. Ruckelshaus Board Member
Board member, Coastal Harvest Food-bank Distribution Center
Board member, Lower Columbia Community Action Program
Citizen activist lobbying for access to our natural heritage.
YEARS IN THE HOUSE