This Thursday, we will be hosting our first virtual town hall meeting! This is your way to engage with us from the comfort of your living room. Along with Senator Sam Hunt, we’ll give you a brief update about what we’ve been up to and how you can get involved. Most importantly, we want to hear from YOU. What are YOUR priorities? How best can we represent YOU? In these trying times, citizen engagement is the key to our democracy. Let your voice be HEARD!
Who: State Sen Sam Hunt, State Rep Laurie Dolan and State Rep Beth Doglio
(22nd Legislative District)
What: Telephone town hall meeting
When: 6 – 7pm, Thursday, February 2
Where: Via your telephone by calling 877-229-8493 and using ID Code 116279.
Representative Doglio’s Corner
Here’s what I’m working on this session:
- HB 1596 Requiring manufacturers of electronics to report the presence of high priority chemicals under the children’s safe products act
- HB 1544 Preserving farmland – supporting small farms
- HB 1543 Ensuring sexual assault survivors have more control over paternity rights of their perpetrators
- HB 1542 Engaging youth in farming by replicating GRuB (Garden Raised Bounty)
- HB 1410 Seeking to increase Intercity Transit services
Representative Dolan’s Corner
Here are a few bills that I’m championing:
- HB 1484 Supporting retired public employees’ and teachers’ retirement system
- HB 1533 Prohibiting a potential employer from discriminating against women and minorities based on wage and salary history
- HB 1344 Asking for an extended timeline for building projects such as a new Thurston County Courthouse — making big projects much more affordable
- HB 1887 Helping children and surviving spouses of public employees pay for college
We are listening to you!
Underlying all of our work is our commitment to fully fund K-12 education THIS YEAR! Our children are counting on all of us.
We are also committed to working for EQUAL pay for EQUAL work, PAID family and medical leave for all, and protecting basic human rights for all PEOPLE of Washington State.
If you’d like to weigh in on the issues that are important to you, please join us at our town hall on Thursday (information above) or contact our offices (information below).
Thank you for all you do to make the 22nd Legislative District the best in the state!