This year has brought historic challenges to our region, state, nation, and the world. Our state was called upon to work together during this difficult time to mitigate the impact that COVID-19 has on our communities and loved ones. Washington is answering that call with bold action.
There have been many questions about how this crisis affects public health, equity, the state budget, the economy, and the wellbeing and stability of Washingtonians. My website now has a COVID-19 focused page that has a whole list of state and local resources with updates on Washington’s response to the crisis. Just click the “COVID-19” tab for more information.
I’m honored to represent the communities of the 5th Legislative District in Olympia. Since taking my oath of office over a year ago, I’ve fought hard to be a voice for our district’s families, seniors, students, and youth in crisis. I’m also determined to bring local issues impacting our classrooms, cities, businesses, and households to the state level.
My priorities include:
- An education system that equitably supports each and every child, giving them their best opportunity for a successful future.
- Completing the State Highway 18 and Interstate 90 interchange as quickly as possible and securing funding for further lane expansion on Highway 18.
- Making housing more affordable and accessible throughout eastern and southern King County and across the state.
- Providing support for our children from birth to a career, as well as for our most vulnerable neighbors.
I lead and serve on a number of statewide committees:
- Vice Chair, House Capital Budget Committee
- Member, House Children, Youth & Families Committee
- Member, House Education Committee
- Co-chair, Children & Youth Behavioral Health Work Group
- Member, Early Learning Advisory Council
- Member, Office of Homeless Youth Advisory Committee
- Member, State Route 18 Issaquah-Hobart Road to Raging River Widening Project Executive Advisory Group
As always, I greatly value your opinions and lived experiences. My door is always open to you. You can reach me or my Legislative Assistant, Zach, below.
- Remote office: (425) 651-2341
- Toll-free hotline: (800) 562-6000 or (800) 635-9993 for TTY/hearing-impaired
Hope to hear from you soon,
Rep. Lisa Callan