UPDATE: We are no longer accepting applications for this posting.
Washington State House of Representatives, Democratic Caucus
Salary: Based on previous job experience and qualifications
The House of Representatives is comprised of the elected Members of the House of Representatives and the staff necessary to carry out the business of a legislative branch of government. The Democratic Caucus consists of the Democratic members of the Washington State House. Each caucus has partisan staff positions that assist the members of the House. This job is in Olympia during the legislative session and is a full-time, exempt position with benefits.
Caucus Policy Analysts are experienced research professionals who are responsible for analyzing and developing innovative public policy solutions for House Democrats in health care.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working with elected officials and staff to develop, analyze, and interpret public policy proposals
- Researching issues and writing issue briefs, legislative proposals and summaries
- Providing strategic advice about public policy
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
- Working efficiently with diverse personalities in both team and individual settings
Successful candidates will have the ability to:
- Communicate clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legislative process
- Juggle multiple tasks and make decisions in a fast-paced, pressure-filled environment
- Maintain flexibility to adapt to a wide variety of circumstances
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience working in government relations and/or public policy
- Familiarity with fiscal policy
- Ability to work in Olympia during the legislative session
INTERESTED CANDIDATES should send electronically a cover letter, résumé and a writing sample to: Amy.Ruble@leg.wa.gov
The Washington State House of Representatives is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.