Washington State House of Representatives, Democratic Caucus
Salary: Based on previous job experience and qualifications
Open: Until close of business September 9, 2019
The House of Representatives is comprised of the elected Members of the House of Representatives and the staff necessary to carry out the business of a legislative branch of government. The Democratic Caucus consists of the Democratic members of the Washington State House. Each caucus has partisan staff positions that assist the members of the House. This is a full time, exempt position with benefits, based in Olympia.
Caucus Policy Analysts are experienced public policy professionals who are responsible for analyzing and developing innovative public policy solutions for House Democrats.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working with elected officials and staff to develop, analyze, and interpret public policy proposals
- Researching issues and writing issue briefs, legislative proposals and summaries
- Providing strategic advice to advance a Democratic legislative agenda for individual members and the caucus as a whole
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
- Working efficiently with diverse personalities in both team and individual settings
Successful candidates will have the ability to:
- Communicate clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legislative process
- Juggle multiple tasks and make decisions in a fast-paced, pressure-filled environment
- Establish constructive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, members of the public, governmental agencies, and elected officials and their staff
- Maintain flexibility to adapt to a wide variety of circumstances
PREFERRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with policy development and analysis
- Strong political acumen
- 5 years of experience working in government relations and/or public policy
INTERESTED CANDIDATES should send electronically a cover letter, résumé and a writing sample in one document to: email@example.com
The Washington State House of Representatives is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons of disability needing assistance in the application process or who need an application in an alternative format may call 360-786-7750 or TTD 1-800-635-9993.