Many of us are concerned about COVID-19 (Coronavirus). I’d like to share the most up-to-date and relevant websites, as well as contact information for our local departments of health and the Washington State Department of Health. Please direct your questions to these departments. Additionally, here are the recommendations from the State Department of Health.
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching your face.
- Stay home when you’re sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with an elbow, sleeve or tissue
- Good personal health habits (diet/exercise) help prevent respiratory infections, including coronaviruses and influenza.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you are sick and wondering what to do, call your healthcare provider before you go to a clinic or emergency room. #Callfirst
- Show compassion and support for individuals and communities most closely impacted and anyone who might be sick.
- Get prepared in case of a COVID-19 outbreak in your community. We have resources at https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus#beprepared.
*from the Washington State Department of Health
Washington State Department of Health
Hotline: 1-800-525-0127 – Press #
Blog about reducing stigma during disease outbreaks
Snohomish Health District
Skagit Public Health
Island County Public Health
Rep. Dave Paul