Rep. Dave Paul on his bill to remove abandoned vessels from our waters
Rep. Dave Paul on helping small businesses and working families with a back-to-school holiday from sales tax
It is an honor to represent the residents of the 10th district. I serve on the Transportation (Vice Chair); Innovation, Community & Economic Development and Veterans; and Postsecondary Education & Workforce committees. As your representative, I’m proud to have fought for:
- Reducing the costs of higher education by creating a summer Running Start program. This major victory for students and families will allow high school juniors and seniors to enroll in tuition-free course at community colleges in the summer, in addition to the regular academic year.
- Improving mental health outcomes for young people in rural communities, including securing $750,000 for Island County to improve outreach and services to youth and children.
- Landmark legislation (HB 1700) to help local governments and ports remove abandoned boats from our waterways. This program will save taxpayers millions of dollars by removing these dangerous boats—before they can pollute our waterways.
- Historic investments for Washington State Ferries in the Move Ahead WA transportation budget, including $1.3 billion to build four new hybrid electric vessels and electrify two existing ships, and $9 million to recruit, train, and retain ferry personnel.
- Key legislation to support veterans, active-duty personnel, and their families. HB 2543 (2020) grants in-state tuition for veterans and their children as they transition from military service to civilian life. HB 2544 (2020) ensures all armed service personnel who earned a campaign badge or campaign medal will receive full retirement benefits from the state of Washington.
- Improving public safety by funding more cohorts at the state’s law enforcement academy, cosponsoring legislation to increase the pay for Washington State Troopers, and strengthening the training and support for 911 first responders.
- Fixing our regressive tax system, including fighting for sales tax relief (HB 2018) and advocating for property tax relief for our state’s working families.
Your opinion matters a lot to me. My door is always open, and I would love to hear your feedback. Here are some ways you can contact me or my Legislative Assistant.
- Send me an email
- Toll-free Hotline (800-562-6000 or for TTY / hearing impaired, 800-635-9993)
- Direct line: 360-786-7914
- Office: JLOB 424 (Just southwest of the Capitol Building)
I am always happy to see my constituents. Feel free to make an appointment by emailing my office.
It is my privilege to serve you in the legislature.
Rep. Dave Paul