This page is dedicated to information about the state’s response to the COVID-19 crisis. It includes resources and updates about Washington’s response to this emergency. You can also find resources on Washington’s dedicated COVID-19 website and the HDC page dedicated to COVID-19.
Before the 2020 legislative session ended, the legislature allocated $225 million for COVID-19 response including:
- $175 million for direct response to the health crisis.
- $25 million for worker and business protections.
- $25 million in federal funds to help state agencies, local governments, and tribes respond to the COVID-19 crisis.
These are trying times, and there is clearly much more work to be done on the state and federal level. Though we’re apart for a while, we will get through this together because Washingtonians look out for their neighbors and protect the most vulnerable among us. I am proud of the response of our communities and are proud to represent you in Olympia. I am committed to doing whatever work is necessary to mitigate the damage this crisis has caused, and help our communities, our neighbors, and our economy recover from COVID-19.
Beginning May 11, election year restrictions prohibit me from updating this page. However, I am still here to answer your questions about our COVID-19 response, or any other issues you want to discuss. Please feel free to reach out to me at Debra.Lekanoff@leg.wa.gov.
- Washington State COVID-19 Website
- Dept. of Health Coronavirus Page
- DOH coronavirus call center: 1-800-525-0127 from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Employment Security Department
- Office of the Insurance Commissioner
- Child Abuse or Neglect Reporting
- Resources for Victims of Sexual and Domestic Violence
- Crisis Resources
- Childcare Resources
- Whatcom County Dedicated Coronavirus Website
- Skagit County Public Health Coronavirus Page
- San Juan County Community Health Coronavirus Page
School District Resources
- Anacortes School District
- Bellingham School District
- Burlington-Edison School District
- La Conner School District
- Lopez Island School District
- Mount Baker School District
- Mount Vernon School District
- Orcas Island School District
- San Juan Island School District
- Shaw Island School District
Food Assistance Resources
- Whatcom County has put together a resource page for COVID-19 emergency food information, including organizations assisting with food delivery and pick up options.
- Washington State has put together a food assistance resource page on the official Washington State COVID-19 website, which includes information on emergency food access.
- Food bank locator